Sunday, December 18, 2011

Leftover Recipe



Today I have a simple breakfast recipe. Open-faced omelet.

olive oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
a pinch of spinach
1-2 oz feta cheese
salt and pepper

In a medium sized hot frying pan with enough olive oil to cover the pan, crack two eggs and scrabble in pan. Cover eggs with mushrooms and spinach, salt and pepper to taste. Let cook on medium for a few minutes until oil begins to bubble at the edges of the eggs. Add feta cheese (I like sheep's milk feta). Let cook on low for a few seconds to warm cheese. Slide off pan onto plate and egg immediately.

This is based off of Luke's egg steaks. On weekends I tend to run out of cheerios and eat some sort of omelet. With less than two weeks to go before seeing Luke egg steak put a smile on my face. I think the taste of this one will do the same to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment